GUILD SPINNING NIGHT
Guild members are welcome to join Spinning Night on the fourth Wednesday of each month at 7:30 p.m. in Joanne Ryeburn’s home. To participate contact Joanne Ryeburn at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tuesday Spinners is a casual spinning group that meets each Tuesday at a library or community centre from 10:00- 1:00. The group meets at Renfrew library or Hastings or Kiwassa and during the good weather months meetings take place outdoors at a waterfront park. Plan to spin and bring show and tell and enjoy. If you wist to be put on an email list to see where the group will pop up contact Irene Weisner at email@example.com. Anyone is welcome. There is no Guild affiliation.
TIPS & TECHNIQUES
Sarah Anderson’s unique approach to Navajo Plying video
Tutorials from Sweet Georgia Yarns
Free Spinning Tutorials from Interweave to advance your skills in spinning fiber including:
- Alpaca Fiber, Dyeing Yarn, Silk Spinning, Wool Processing, Beginner Spinning, Drop Spindles, Scarf Patterns, Carding & Combing, Flax Spinning, Types of Yarn, Copyright for Spinners, Felting, Wheels, Cotton Spinning
Comprehensive article on Spinning Flax from Knitty.com
FIBER & SPINNING PUBLICATIONS
POD CASTS & BLOGS
- Felicia Lo’s Blog
- Jamieson and Smith Shetland Wool Blog
- Shetland Wool Week
- Read about and see the Venus de Milo statue spinning.
LEARN TO SPIN
- Teachers in our Guild
- please see contact below to be added
- Mentors in our Guild
- GVWSG offers a mentor program. Enquire at the next meeting.
- Local Classes & Workshops
- Formal Education
OTHER SPINNING GUILDS:
For updates to this page contact: Susan-Griffiths@hotmail.com